Thursday 3 August 2017

[pann] NU'EST Choi Minki's personality; seriously

His personality is really good. I'm a fan of another artist, and I can prove it ㅋ If you want me to show proof please say soㅠㅜㅠ (t/n: she uploaded a photo of her goods/albums of another artist, you can click the source to view it) 

This is a post on Daum cafe uploaded during their nameless days..

- "Hello. I don't do SNS much but I wanted to post this somewhere... After some thought I'm posting it here. Please excuse my sloppy writing.

I'm 20 years old. I originally planned to major in Language Studies but I flopped my college entrance exam so I'm currently preparing to retake it and I'm someone that's gloomy everydayㅠㅠ...

It was during last week's Wednesday, my friend said that she would buy me a meal so I was on the train there. I was using my phone and someone who was sitting down stood up in front of me. I took a glimpse, and it was a familiar face. More than anything, he was very handsome and had the aura of a celebrity.. Honestly I'm someone obsessed with idols so there are almost no idols that I do not knowㅋㅋㅋ (So that's why I have to retake my exam...)

'Overcome', long hair!!

It was that person, it suddenly came to mind. And I, without me even knowing, looked at that person and made a weird exclamation sound, as if I were a dinosaur... ^^
Wooaaaoooh!!!! Was it this sound
That person looked at me and o_o?? made a surprised expression. And he was glancing around us, probably wondering why I shouted. And then looked at me again.



I went "Heol! By any chance?" and the person went "Me? Me?" while pointing at himself so I was like "Ren-nim?" and he went "Oh~~~ yes" and started laughing.
(In the midst of this, what is Ren-nim.. Seriously. Somehow saying it in front of the person is so awkward)
I was like daebak daebak it's my first time seeing a celebrity in the subway like that, I wanted to keep some form of proof but asking for a photo felt very rude so...
After some thought I stuttered and asked if I could have his sign. "Could you s-s-s-si-sig-sign..." something like that, I was so flustered so I don't remember. But he had a really big smile and his dimples showed, so pretty.

Now that I think about it, because today was a day where I didn't have to go to the academy, I didn't bring a notebook out... My bag was really light and there was nothing much inside, but luckily I had a book which I planned to read & brought along. Tbh I brought it along but I wasn't really going to read itㅋㅋㅋ There's the empty space/page at the front of the book, so I asked him to sign it there, that I had no notebookㅠㅜ But I had no pen tooㅋㅋㅋㅋ I kept rummaging through my bag and Ren caught on the situation so he went through his own bag and found a pen.

Ren: "What's your name?"
Me: "Huh? My name?"
Ren: "ㅎㅎㅎYes, I'll write your name."
Me: "It's xxx!"
Ren: "Ah~ xxx! It's a pretty name. Beautiful"

The part where he said 'beautiful', it was probably him making a pun with my name (t/n: i'm guessing the OP's name is something that sounds like 'areum', which means beautiful in Korean). He said that and went 'hahaha' at his own joke and stomped his feet in laughter, he probably was embarrassed saying that...... I said 'thank you' and took my book back.

I kept saying "You're so handsome/pretty! Your skin is great!".. I was trembling a lot and he was shy. Also, do you know this? If you look from on top, Ren's eyelashes are really long.....? I was saying that I was really gloomy that I couldn't get into the university I wanted to enter and had to retake my college entrance exam, while wondering why I'm even alive but seeing Ren put me in a good mood as if I won the lottery. I kept on mumbling on and on about that and I thought he would dislike (that I was rambling) but his expression was like this... like that and he said that he also had gloomy moments before. He said that he struggled to stand back up after falling down even though it hurt, (not 100% these exact words but it was something like this) and told me that as long as I work hard, I will definitely achieve what I want so don't be too stressed.

To be honest, I teared a little? I was having a hard time at home... My friends all made it to college so they didn't know how I felt.. Somehow this comforted me. I was saying thank you but I had to get off at that station, crapㅋㅋㅋㅋ I was saying goodbye to him but he took out something from his bag and gave it to me. He said that he bought it to give to his friends but he's giving one to me, told me to gain strength... I was like "can I really receive this?" but he just pushed it into my hand, saying thanks for recognizing me. Why did I feel sad hearing this line..

The thing he gave to me was a magnolia badge from Marymond. I said that I would treasure it well and got off the train. Even when I was getting off, he said bye bye and did the motions like "fighting! fighting~~!!" Really.. It feels like I won the lottery. I got to see upclose a celebrity that I really thought was pretty, had a conversation with him and even received a gift.

While writing this it ended up really long!!!!! I wanted to leave my after-thoughts somewhere..."





(+1218, -38)
source

COMMENTS

[+315, -4] I'll leave this GIF of Minki here and go,,, At a fansign a fan was crying so much so he said 'don't cry don't cry' ,,,


[+69, -0] I found a screenshot of a moving story about Choi Minki that someone mentioned belowㅋㅋㅋ (t/n: not uploading the original screenshot but the translation instead)

[+69, -0] I'm a fan of Minhyun and someone who likes all the members of NU'EST. To be honest, previously before I knew about Produce 101 there was a photo of someone who appeared in Produce 101 called Choi Minki at the Sewol Ferry Memorial (link). I briefly thought that perhaps it was for the sake of showing (his personality). But after becoming a fan of Minhyun and watching NU'EST's videos, I felt that all of them had great personalities. Today after seeing this post, I tried searching 'Choi Minki personality' and saw this and got surprised again (link; not translated).. To be honest, because I've seen many kids with bad personalities carry around the Sewol Ferry ribbon badge, so all this while I always thought that celebrities were the same, and just making use of the Sewol Ferry incident for show and for their own personality's image. But if you look at this post or that post, Choi Minki sincerely honours the deceased and even apart from this incident, it's evident that he has a good character.. I will attach a photo that I saved from that post



[Fancafe] 
Fan: I saw this preview of the commute to Music Bank, the bag is from Marymond right? The phone case too, this is really great. Did you buy this personally? Or is it a gift from a fan? 
Ren: Yes~ that's right! I bought this personally~ It's meaningful that this can be of help to someone else and from that, it makes me happy! I hope many people can be happy!
(t/n: Marymond is a brand which centers their designs around those of comfort women, showing support to the South Korean women who were forced to become sex slaves for Japanese soldiers in World War II)
[+56, -0] Someone said thisㅋㅋㅋ I stanned him because of his face but because of his personality, I can't find the exitㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+54, -0] NU'EST are idols of 6 years, they suffered a lot and must have had a hard time but how is it that they're so kind-hearted and proper. Really, everytime I see them I'm in admiration. Because they're in an industry that's really hard to endure in, one has to really be fierce in order to survive. But even though they've been in it for years, the kids are still bright and pure and kind-hearted and well-mannered. During the first broadcast of Produce 101, when Minhyun said "let's be humble" I was really in total admiration. I still can't forget that scene. NU'EST kids are really genuine, so it makes me want to support them. LOVEs, you guys must be really proudㅠㅠ

translated by jetaimedongho
please do not repost on twitter 
reposting on other sites + retranslating is allowed with full credits & my permission :)

2 comments:

  1. As expected good manners/personality and hard work is all that matter in the end!!
    Hope they will comeback soon so I won't be busy ro help give their first win!

    ReplyDelete